Trust an Englewood Health Physician Network doctor to offer the full range of treatments — non-surgical, surgical and minimally invasive — for cardiovascular disease and peripheral vascular disease (narrowing of blood vessels that are not part of the heart).
Interventional cardiology uses long, thin tubes called catheters and tiny tools to diagnose and treat heart conditions without surgery. Your care may include interventional cardiology if you experience:
If your condition can be treated with a minimally invasive procedure, you’ll benefit from a faster recovery time with smaller scars and less risk of pain compared to traditional surgeries. Work with your Englewood Health doctor to determine if an interventional cardiology procedure is right for you.
Rely on Englewood Health for personalized heart treatments, including:
- Placement of a heart device, such as Impella® and mitral clips
- Angioplasty and stent placement for coronary artery disease, including coronary chronic total occlusion (CTO)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), a treatment for severe aortic stenosis when traditional valve surgery isn’t an option
- Valvuloplasty to widen a heart valve
- Alcohol septal ablation to treat hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
Implantable Heart Devices
Heart devices can be used to treat an abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia), help your heart pump blood, and prevent complications of blood clots. Trust our experienced doctors for a wide range of implantable medical devices, including:
- Pacemakers helps your heart beat in a steady rhythm.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) and subcutaneous implantable cardiac defibrillators (S-ICD) monitor your heartbeat and uses electrical impulses to restore a normal rhythm when needed
- Closure implants, such as a Watchman™ lessen the risk for stroke if you have a type of arrhythmia called atrial fibrillation
- Left ventricular assist devices (LVAD), such as Impella® help your heart pump blood to treat heart failure
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) treats heart failure by helping the heart beat
- Mitral clips treat mitral valve regurgitation by helping the valve close so blood flows through the heart normally
What to Expect
Your interventional cardiology procedure may be performed at your doctor’s office or at Englewood Hospital. Your doctor will tell you the best setting for your procedure. You may be able to resume your normal activities on the same day you have your treatment. Count on your care team to provide education, support, and answer your questions.