If your cancer treatment plan includes radiation therapy, trust the specialists at the Englewood Health Physician Network and Englewood Hospital for exceptional care. Benefit from advanced technology and techniques at the Coe Radiation Oncology Center in New Jersey.
The Coe Radiation Oncology Center has two TrueBeam radiotherapy systems. using an advanced level of technological intelligence, these systems allow more precise and safer targeting of tumors. By adjusting to human movement and real-time tracking, tumors are targeted without harming nearby healthy tissues.
What’s Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy uses high-energy waves to safely kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. Your doctor uses radiation to target cancer while harming as little healthy tissue as possible.
Benefits of Radiation Therapy
Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of radiation therapy. Compared to other treatments, you may have:
- Faster and more effective treatments
- Less risk of side effects
- A more comfortable experience
- More effective targeting of cancers of the abdomen, breast, lung, or head and neck
Types of Radiation Therapy
You may get treatment through:
- External beam radiation therapy — Delivers energy from a machine into your body
- Internal radiation therapy, or brachytherapy — Places tiny, radioactive seeds into or next to a tumor in your body
- Systemic radiation therapy — Uses radioactive drugs to send radiation through the blood to treat cancer
Multiple Cancer Treatment Options
In addition to radiation therapy, your provider may recommend other types of treatment, such as surgery or chemotherapy and immunotherapy.