The goal of palliative medicine is to improve your quality of life by easing any side effects from your illness or treatment. We are here to help you feel better every day you’re in our care.
Dr. Vinnidhy Dave and Dr. Daniel Wilkin are board-certified in palliative medicine. They understand that every person’s quality of life measures are unique, so they customize care plans to create individualized treatment while working alongside the other physicians on the patients team.
We work with patients who have chronic or life-threatening conditions such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, congestive heart failure, COPD and kidney disease. No matter what type of illness you’re facing, we are here to help.
Services We Offer
At our palliative medicine practice, we help patients improve their quality of life while coping with an illness. Our specialties include managing symptoms and side effects such as:
- Pain: We coordinate with the hospital’s pain management specialists to find the best ways to relieve your pain.
- Appetite and nausea: We offer nutritional counseling and guidance to help reduce nausea and improve your appetite as well as medication to help control these symptoms to improve treatment outcomes.
- Shortness of breath: We help patients with advanced COPD and congestive heart failure manage symptoms and breathe easier.
- Anxiety and Depression: Going through medical treatment can be very stressful — for you and your family. We offer treatment to help you cope with psychological, social, and spiritual concerns related to your condition.
Awards and Recognition
Our doctors are frequently recognized for their exceptional patient care. Recent awards include:
- 2020 Bergen Magazine, Top Doctors
- 2020 Castle Connolly, Top Doctors New York Metro Area
- 2020 New Jersey Monthly, Jersey Choice Top Doctors
- 2019 Jersey’s Best, New Jersey’s Top Doctors in Cancer Care
- 2019 First Place Pain Management Jewish Standard Readers’ Choice Award