Take advantage of the surgical weight loss options at Englewood Health. Depend on experienced, board-certified surgeons and compassionate staff to help you meet your long-term health and wellness goals.
How Bariatric Surgery Helps You Lose Weight
Weight-loss surgery at our Bariatric Surgery Center can help you:
- Limit the amount of food you can eat
- Feel full while eating smaller amounts of food
Types of Bariatric Surgery
There are several surgical options to help you lose weight:
- We use malabsorptive procedures like Roux-en-Y gastric bypass to limit the amount of nutrients your body can take in from food.
- Restrictive procedures like sleeve gastrectomy or the adjustable gastric band limit the amount of food in your stomach.
- When we apply both malabsorptive and restrictive techniques as part of your treatment, these are called combination procedures.
Ask your doctor to help you choose the type of surgery that’s right for you.