Turn to the bariatric surgeons and weight-loss professionals at the Englewood Health Physician Network for help reaching a healthier weight. Benefit from the latest techniques and advanced technology while staying close to your support system in New Jersey and New York.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
Weight-loss surgery and making long-term lifestyle changes can help you:
- Lose up to 50 percent to 65 percent of your weight
- Prevent or cure some of the health problems caused by obesity
- Improve the quality and length of your life
Visit the Englewood Health web site for more useful information about the health benefits of weight loss surgery.
After a car accident left Andy unable to exercise, he gained a lot of weight, eventually reaching more than 400 pounds. He turned to Englewood Health’s bariatric surgery program and underwent a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy that reduced his stomach’s size. Since his surgery, Andy’s life has changed dramatically.
Can I Get Bariatric Surgery?
Weight-loss surgery may be right for you if you are between 18 and 65 years of age and have:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 40 or greater
- A BMI of 35 or greater and an obesity-related health condition, such as Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or sleep apnea
- Struggled to lose weight through diet, exercise, and medical treatments
Ask your doctor if surgery is safe for you. If you’re younger than 18, your doctor may recommend a weight-loss procedure for medical reasons.
Visit the Englewood Health web site for detailed eligibility criteria for weight loss surgery.
Depending on your health and needs, your provider may suggest:
- Restrictive surgery, which limits the amount of food your stomach can hold
- Malabsorptive surgery, which changes your body’s ability to use calories and nutrition from food
- A procedure that combines both methods
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Your surgeon will use minimally invasive techniques to do your procedure. This means you’ll have smaller incisions, so you can heal faster and with less risk of complications. Count on your Englewood Health Physician Network care team to make sure you’re as comfortable as possible before, during, and after surgery.
Accredited for Weight-Loss Surgery
Expect safe, high-quality care from an experienced, multidisciplinary team doing hundreds of successful procedures each year. Our Bariatric Surgery Center is fully accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Education & Support
Take part in services that can help you meet your health and wellness goals. These include:
- Free informational seminars
- Before-surgery education classes
- Before- and after-surgery nutritional guidance
- After-surgery support groups
Your Care Team
Partner with a compassionate team that will offer support before and after your procedure. In addition to your primary care provider and a board-certified bariatric surgeon, you may work with a program coordinator, dietitian, and other professionals.
For More Information
Visit the Englewood Health web site for more useful information about weight loss surgery, including