Trust the digestive health specialists at the Englewood Health Physician Network and Englewood Hospital for comprehensive digestive health care.
What Does a GI Doctor Do?
A gastrointestinal (GI) doctor has the advanced training and experience to diagnose and treat conditions that affect your digestive tract. Your digestive system is made up of the:
- Bile ducts
Conditions We Treat
Find care for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Colon polyps, small growths in the colon
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and heartburn
- Gastrointestinal cancers, including colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Stomach ulcers, also known as peptic ulcers
When to See a Specialist
Talk to your primary care provider or make an appointment with a gastroenterologist if you have symptoms such as:
- Bleeding with bowel movements
- Constipation or diarrhea that happens often
- Difficulty swallowing
- Discomfort in your neck and throat, especially after eating
- Fecal incontinence, or not being able to control bowel movements
- Pain in the abdomen, rectum, or other part of the digestive system
- Severe gas
Digestive Health Services & Treatments
Rest assured your health care team will help you determine the best care plan for you. Depending on your condition, your provider may recommend:
- Bravo™ reflux testing measures the acidity in your esophagus to help diagnose GERD or see how you’re reacting to treatment
- Capsule endoscopy asks you to swallow a small camera in a pill-sized case; the camera takes pictures as it travels through your digestive tract and sends them to a small computer you wear outside your body
- Colonoscopy uses a thin tube with a tiny camera to see and remove abnormal growths in your large intestine
- Manometry checks how well you swallow using a long, thin tube that’s placed in your nose and through your esophagus to your stomach
- Upper endoscopy uses a flexible tube with a tiny camera to see and treat your esophagus, stomach, and small intestine
Surgery for Gastrointestinal Disorders
If you and your gastroenterologist decide that surgery is the best treatment for a condition affecting your digestive tract, trust our surgeons for safe, high-quality colon and rectal surgery services. Learn more about colon and rectal surgery services.
Coordinated, Holistic Care
Rely on Englewood Health to help you manage all aspects of your health. Ask us about nutrition counseling or integrative medicine treatments that can help you live will with a digestive disorder.