If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer or a blood disorder, you need a unique kind of care. For our team, balancing symptoms and quality of life of each cancer patient is a top priority. We strive to provide a comfortable and safe environment where we deliver uncompromising cancer care.
It’s natural to feel a roller coaster of emotions and have many questions about a cancer or blood disorder diagnosis. Rest assured that we partner with you and your family to get answers and map out a treatment plan that is best fit for you.
What’s a Hematologist?
A hematologist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating blood conditions. Blood conditions can affect:
- Blood vessels, such as the arteries, capillaries, and veins
- Blood cells
- Red blood cells (RBCs), which carry oxygen to the body’s tissues
- White blood cells, which fight infections (WBCs)
- Platelets, which help blood clot
- Bone marrow, which makes your blood cells
- Immune system, such as the lymph nodes and spleen
- Cancer Pain Management
- Infusion Therapy